Practical information – FAQ
Here you will find all practical and useful information and answers to the questions you most frequently ask us.
We are also at your disposal, do not hesitate to contact us on 05 53 28 52 28 or by e-mail : email@example.com
General information about our campsite in the Dordogne
What is the opening period of the campsite
and the various services?
and the various services?
- For rentals with sanitary facilities, the campsite is open from
15 April 2023 until 16 September
- For rentals without sanitary facilities and for tent, caravan and camper pitches, the campsite welcomes you from
from 20 May 2023 until 16 September
- All our services are open all season long: bar, restaurant, takeaway, grocery shop, bread and pastry service, laundry
- All our leisure facilities are accessible from opening to closing (subject to weather conditions and government regulations): heated swimming pool and paddling pool, games room, TV lounge, library/entertainment centre…
Are barbecues allowed on the campsite?
- Charcoal barbecues are prohibited on the campsite.
- On the pitches for tents, caravans and campers, electric barbecues and plancha are prohibited
Are pets allowed on the campsite?
- Yes, pets are allowed, for an extra charge (3€/day) and under certain conditions.
- For more information, see our page on
the reception of animals in our campsite.
Is the campsite accessible to people with reduced mobility?
- The campsite is in conformity with the regulations relating to the reception of people with reduced mobility: access to the swimming pool beaches, adapted sanitary cabin, access to the bar/restaurant.
- The campsite does not have accessible rentals for people with reduced mobility.
Is it possible to have visitors?
- Visitors are allowed on the campsite under the responsibility of their host and after reporting to the reception.
- They do not have access to the swimming pool or the showers.
Is there Wifi on the campsite?
- There is no full coverage on the campsite. A Wifi zone allows you to connect for free and for an unlimited time.
- If you have rented a gîte, you will have access to Wifi in the rental.
Is there 4G on the campsite?
- Yes, 4G coverage throughout the campsite allows you to connect from your pitch or rental (subject to the conditions of your package and your operator).
Practical information for holidaymakers on tent, caravan and camper pitches in the Dordogne
Are the pitches equipped with an electrical
- 40 of the 45 pitches are equipped with European-standard electrical outlets. It is therefore imperative that you bring a European plug. If you don’t have one, don’t panic, we sell them at the campsite shop at a very reasonable price.
- It is also useful to bring an extension cord to connect to the electrical terminals.
What is the amperage on the pitches?
- 10 amps
Can we rent refrigerators ?
- Yes, upon reservation and with extra charge, it is possible to have a top fridge in your tent. Please bring an extension cord.
Are there dedicated pitches for campers?
- No, there is no distinction between tents, caravans and campers. The majority of pitches are accessible to campers.
From what time is the pitch available?
- In the low season, it is possible to settle in at the end of the morning.
- In July and August, your pitch is available from 2pm.
At what time must the pitch be vacated?
- You must leave your pitch before noon.
Useful information for rental stays at our campsite in the Dordogne
From what time is the rental available?
- Arrivals are from 16:00.
Until what time can I arrive?
- We prefer to welcome you before 8pm.
- However, if you need to arrive later, please let us know. We will welcome you just a little bit earlier as we are on duty in the restaurant.
What are the arrival days?
- From 8 July to 26 August, rentals are on a weekly basis from Saturday to Saturday. For Tithomes, Espace tents and Victoria lodge tents, it is possible to rent from Sunday to Sunday.
- For other periods, you can arrive and leave on the day of your choice, you decide the length of your stay (minimum 2 nights)
At what time must the rental be vacated?
- The rental must be vacated by 10am.
- You are requested to make an appointment for the inventory of fixtures at the latest the day before your departure.
- The inventory of fixtures takes place between 7am and 10am.
Is it necessary to leave a deposit?
- As specified in your rental contract, two deposits (2 cheques) will be required on arrival:
- a “damage to the property” deposit of 200 €, committing you to reimburse any damage for which you may be responsible
- a “Cleaning” deposit of 60 € committing you to leave the accommodation clean, which includes: toilet, shower, washbasin, sink, fridge defrosted the day before, hob, microwave, coffee machine, crockery, cupboards, bins, garden furniture, blankets, duvets and mattresses…
- Deposits are returned at the time of departure, or, if it has not been possible to carry out an inventory of fixtures, returned by post to your home address within 7 days of your departure, subject to deduction of the amount of any damage and/or missing items found, or missing or inadequate cleaning.
What is the equipment in the rentals?
- The rentals are equipped with garden furniture, a refrigerator, a microwave (except for Espace tents), a hotplate, an electric coffee machine, and dishes adapted to their capacity. We provide pillows, blankets or duvets, disposable sheets.
- To find out exactly what equipment is in the rental you have booked, download the inventory from your accommodation page.
- You can rent with supplement and within the limit of available stocks (reservation advised): deckchair (10€/stay), set of sheets (15€/stay), cot (14€/week), high chair (14€/week)
Is cleaning included in the rental price?
- No, you are required to clean your rental before your departure.
- When you make your reservation, you can opt for the cleaning package: extra charge of 60€. The cleaning package does not exclude that the rental is left in a suitable state: dishes clean and tidy, bins emptied in the containers, barbecue cleaned if you have rented one
Is there a television in the rentals?
- The only rentals equipped with television (TNT channels) are the 2 gîtes. The other rentals are not equipped.
- We do not rent television.
- There is no need to bring your own TV set, as we do not have reception in the rentals.
- A TV lounge is available during bar opening hours.
Are the rentals non-smoking?
- All our rentals are non-smoking.
Practical information on the services and facilities of our family campsite in Périgord Noir
Is the pool heated?
- Yes, the swimming pool is heated throughout the season, as is the paddling pool.
Is there a paddling pool?
- Yes, it is heated all season.
What are the opening hours of the swimming area?
- The swimming area is open non-stop from 10am to 8pm or 9pm in summer.
Is the swimming area supervised?
- No, there is no lifeguard.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult even if they can swim.
Is there a launderette on the campsite?
- Yes, the campsite has a washing machine (4,00€) and a dryer (2,00€).
- If needed, detergent doses can be purchased at the grocery shop (0,50€).
- An ironing board is available free of charge (free loan of an iron).
Is there any special equipment for babies?
- Yes, in the campsite’s sanitary block, a nursery is available free of charge to all: baby bath and changing table.
- You can rent a cot (14€/week) and a high chair (14€/week) (reservation recommended).
- High chairs and booster seats are available at the campsite restaurant.
Is there any entertainment on the campsite?
- Entertainment is scheduled in July and August.
- For more information, see our campsite entertainment page.
Can I get information about sights and activities near the campsite?
- Yes, a lot of tourist brochures and practical information are available.
- We are also at your disposal to advise you on the most suitable outings for your tastes and desires.
- Some partners offer special rates to campsite guests; ask us for their brochure with the campsite stamp.
Is there a restaurant on the campsite?
- Yes, the restaurant is open only in the evening, every day, all season long (reservation recommended in summer).
- A takeaway service is available every lunchtime and evening.
- Every morning, bread and pastries are on sale at the grocery shop (must be ordered the day before).
Practical information to book, pay or cancel your stay at campsite Les Pialades
How to book a rental or a pitch?
- By internet, from our online booking site.
The site is secure, and availability is updated
in real time. Book online
- By telephone on 05 53 28 52 28 every day from 8.30am to 8pm
- By mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A deposit of 25% must be paid at the time of booking.
When must the balance be paid?
- If you have booked a rental, the balance must be paid 30 days before your arrival date.
- If you have booked a pitch for a tent, caravan or camper van, the balance must be paid on the day of your arrival or the day before your departure.
- If you wish to spread your payments, please contact us.
What methods of payment are accepted on the campsite?
- We accept payments in cash, credit card, bank transfer, cheque, ANCV holiday vouchers, Connect holiday vouchers
- Luncheon vouchers are not accepted.
Is your establishment VACAF approved?
- Yes, all you have to do is contact us and tell us your family allowance fund and your registration number.
- You will not have to advance the part paid by the CAF; you will only pay the campsite the remaining part.
What are the cancellation conditions?
- It is recommended to take out cancellation insurance. The campsite’s cancellation insurance, CampezCouvert, now takes into account situations related to the Covid 19 virus. More information
- Cancellation insurance must be taken out at the time of booking and paid for with the deposit.
- If you have not taken out cancellation insurance, the general terms and conditions of sale of Les Pialades campsite will be applied in the event of cancellation and interruption of your stay: the deposit is not refunded. If you cancel less than 30 days before your arrival date, the balance of your stay is due to the campsite.
- However, if the campsite is unable to accommodate you or in the event of a lock-out, all sums paid will be reimbursed or will be the subject of a credit note valid for 18 months and reimbursable at the end of these 18 months. For more information, please consult our general terms and conditions of sale.
When do I have to pay the tourist tax?
- The tourist tax is to be paid with the balance of your stay.
- The amount is €0.55 per day per adult (18 years and over).
- It is paid back to the community of communes in order to promote tourism on our territory.